Monday 13 May 2013

Odin, Please Get Well Soon

People who know me well, would know that I have a husky and I love him to bits. We brought Odin home when he was only 2 months old and that was last Christmas. No doubt, he is the best Christmas gift I have ever received and I thank God for bringing Odin into my life because my life was never the same again. I'm better, healthier, happier as a person with Odin.

From a couch potato to someone who would wake up at 9am in the morning just to walk him. From a workaholic to someone who would leave office 5:30pm sharp just to go home in time to walk and feed him. It's such a joy to explore new things with him together, watching him sniff around, meet new people, make friends with new dogs. I never thought I could be so attached, physically and emotionally to a dog until I have Odin.

Seriously, I don't know what I have done to deserve Odin. He is such a good boy, obedient, smart and affectionate. Every single person we met, the vet, passerby, dog trainer, friends, would say Odin is such a calm, gentle dog and not to mention, he is super handsome too! 

Previously, I have heard so many people telling me 101 bad things about husky, that they can't live without aircond, that they are not guard dog, that they are destroyer and what do these people really know? Are you even a dog expert to begin with? Have you owned a husky before? Have you lived with a husky before? If not, please just keep your mouth shut.

If you say husky is not a guard dog. Yes, they don't bark like mad dog when strangers enter the house because they are friendly in nature but let me tell you this, Odin once snapped when he thought the new guard outside my house wanted to attack me when he lift up his chair. The next day, the guard told El Sen he was so scared when Odin snapped at him. You see, when attacked, he is ready and able to defend himself, and can handle the aggressor with dispatch. 

If you say husky is a destroyer, it really depends on how you train your dog. Just watch Cesar Millan's show. Are all the problematic dogs in the show of Siberian Husky breed? There are many other problematic dogs of different breeds too. Just like a child, if not properly teach and guide, the child will misbehave too. Please don't jump into conclusion when you barely know anything about dogs. I grow up with dogs - I lived with Rottweilers, Shih Tzu and strays in the past and I can tell you that, Odin, the Siberian Husky is one of the most amazing dogs that I have ever seen.

And now, Odin is sick... I feel so useless that I can't even protect and take good care of something so dear and important to me. Vet said his condition is quite critical as his liver is badly damaged due to toxins. The blood test result didn't look good but the vet was surprised to see Odin is still being alert and responsive. Before I went in to visit him today, I told myself not to cry in front of him as I want him to be positive but I failed, I'm such a failure. When I look at Odin, I can see that his eyes got teary too. It's so sad to see him lying down like that. How can I let such awful thing happened to him? It's my fault, really my fault...

I called a few good friends of mine to calm myself down, to ease the pain I'm feeling inside. All of them told me that Odin needs me now, to support him, to cheer for him, to motivate him. So I went to Odin again and talked to him. I tried to sound as cheerful as I can and I promised Odin, if he gets better and come home with me, I'll fulfill the following:
  • Adding "extras" into his meal (BARF diet)
  • I will bring him to swim and play with other dogs here http://my.shop.88db.com/wooffurry/
  • When I moved to new house, I'll let him stay inside the house and sleep with us.
  • When I moved to new house, I'll adopt a stray to be his best friend so that he won't feel lonely when we leave him for work..
  • I'll spend more time with him, walk him and play with him.
I love you Odin. I would give up my career, all my money, just to see you healthy again. I don't know if God really exists because all I know if you want something, you have to work hard for it but this time, I pray to you God. Please help and bless Odin. I'm willing to shorten 10 years of my life to see Odin healthy again, if that's what it takes. Please... we still have so much to explore, so many things to see and a long journey together.

I want you to be at our wedding, I want you to welcome the birth of our first child and be his/her guardian, I want you to be part of our family and I want you to walk this journey together with us.

To me, you are not just a dog as what some people might put it. To me, you are my best friend, my family and it's still too early for you to leave us, Odin. So, Odin, please be strong and get well soon. Remember, you are Odin, the king, the ruler of Asgard!   

 
P/S: A big thanks to Dr. Goh of Gasing Veterinary Hospital. Thanks for your patience, expertise and professionalism. I have not met a vet as good as you whitedogemoticon   


1 comment:

  1. babe, the bond between you & Odin boy... it's really amazing. i pray that Odin will be well in no time :) *hugsss be strong!

    ReplyDelete